Our very own Principal Dentist Dr. Hetal Patel from Aspects Dental in Milton Keynes was invited to take part in a ‘WOW’ day at Portsfield Primary School in Newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes last month.
Dr. Hetal Patel took the opportunity to present to the year 4 children at Portsfield Primary School about Dental Health For Kids, the importance of good Oral Hygiene and general advice on eating a Healthy Balanced Diet for maintaining good teeth and gums throughout childhood.
The presentation included some of the following Dental Advice and education on promoting good Dental Hygiene For Kids:
- Brush at least twice daily, with a fluoridated toothpaste.
- Spit out after brushing and do not rinse, to maintain fluoride concentration levels (Fluoride is good for keeping harmful bacteria away from teeth and they make the enamel of the tooth harder.
- Brush last thing at night and at least on one other occasion.
- Only use a pea-size amount of toothpaste.
- Brushing is more effective with a small headed toothbrush with medium-texture bristles.
- Disclosing tablets can help to indicate areas that are being missed.
- Do not brush immediately after eating or drinking acidic food or drinks, or even after vomiting.
- The frequency and amount of sugary food and drinks should be reduced.
Eating more sugar than necessary can cause various diseases…
- Dental decay
- Weight gain and obesity
- Heart disease
How much sugar should Kids and Children eat daily…
The above image indicates the maximum daily amount we should eat as Kids and Children from the ages of 4 to 11 years old and onwards. The following image indicates roughly how many sugar cubes are in some every day foods and drinks.
Healthy Food for Life – The Food Pyramid
Take Home Message For The Portsfield Primary Schools Kids…
- Tooth decay and gum disease are one of the most prevalent diseases in the world. Clean your teeth and gums well at home and do not snack on a lot of sugary foods.
- Your adult teeth will last you forever so look after them as well as you can as you will never get another set.
- See the dentist every six months to confirm if you are cleaning your teeth well, and seek advice to find out what improvements you can make to your cleaning technique.
Letters & Cards Of Thanks From The Year 4 Children At Portsfield Primary School…
Following the presentation and talk by Dr. Hetal Patel at Portsfield Primary School, Aspects Dental in Milton Keynes received some lovely letters and cards from the year 4 team and children, which certainly made our day!
“It was a truly wonderful experience educating these lovely year 4 students”, said Dr. Hetal Patel from Aspects Dental.
“It was most informative and my class have been so excited to tell me all about what they learnt with you, said Mrs Roo Perry from Portsfield Primary School.
Childrens Dentist & Monthly Dental Plans From Aspects Dental In Milton Keynes
We are very passionate at Aspects Dental in Milton Keynes at looking after all the Family’s teeth and gums especially the Kids and Children.
Our Monthly Dental Plans include Dental Check Ups, Dental Hygienist Appointments, Oral Cancer Screening, X-Rays if required, Fluoride Applications for Children, Emergency Dental Assistance and Discounts off other Dental Treatments and Sundry Items.
To sign up, please just Contact Aspects Dental by either calling 01908 506199 or by emailing our team, alternatively, more information can be found on both the Adults Dental Plan and Childrens Dental Plan pages or in the following Monthly Dental Plans Video.