As we continue our participation in The National Smile Month 2020 digital campaign and sharing the positive message of looking after your Oral Health, we thought we would share the following Dental Statistics & Infographic from the Oral Health Foundation.
Oral Health Foundation Dental Statistics…
The Dental Statistics & Infographic from the Oral Health Foundation really highlights some key Dental Stats for both Adults and Children. It’s an important reminder that looking after your oral health daily is crucial for your overall health, no matter how old you are!
- An average of 3 School Days missed every year due to Dental Problems.
- 25% of Adults don’t brush twice a day.
- 1 in 3 have Never Flossed or Interdentally Cleaned.
- 8337 new cases of Mouth Cancer a year.
- 39% of Adults do not attend a dentist regularly.
- 31% of Adults have Tooth Decay.
- 60 Million Brits without Fluoridated Water.
- 5 Million people with regular Oral Pain.
- 1 in 7 Adults suffer from Extreme Dental Anxiety.
- 7926 Children under 5 have had Teeth Extracted. Tooth Decay is the most common reason a child is admitted to hospital.
- 2 Million Brits travelling 40 miles to access to Dental Care.
- 66% of Adults have Visible Plaque.
- 74% of all Adults have had a Tooth Extracted.
- 84% of Adults have at least one or more fillings.
One of the most interesting Dental Health Statistics is how much sugar we all consume every day. In some cases, it’s almost 3 times the recommended daily amount. Both Children & Teenagers eat more sugar daily than Adults.
This is probably no surprise; however, there is most certainly a strong link between the amount of sugar Children eat daily and the high number of Children under 5, that have had Teeth Extracted following admission to hospital.
If you’re interested in looking after your families oral health, why not check out one of our latest News Articles – National Smile Month 2020 – 5 Top Tips For Looking After Your Oral Health. Looking, after your Oral Health now, can help prevent more severe Dental Problems in the future.
Here at Aspects Dental we pride ourselves on looking after the whole family and that’s why we have developed Monthly Dental Plans for both Adults & Children. If you’re interested in joining Aspects Dental, once the Coronavirus Lockdown has been lifted, please Contact Us or Book Online!