As we all know teaching kids to brush their teeth is a critical part of their development and that’s why we’re sharing the following FREE Tooth Brushing Chart For Kids And Children, as part of the National Smile Month 2020, digital campaign this year.
Tooth Brushing Chart For Kids And Children…
DOWNLOAD OR PRINT HERE – National Smile Month 2020 – FREE Tooth Brushing Chart For Kids And Children
The above FREE Tooth Brushing Chart For Kids And Children, is a great incentive for both parents and children to get involved in regular Tooth Brushing together. It can help create routine for regular Tooth Brushing, both in the morning and at night, everyday of the week for the whole family.
The FREE Tooth Brushing Chart For Kids And Children, includes areas to either add stickers or just to tick with a pen. This can help ensure that no Teeth Cleaning times are missed, whilst keeping your child or children, motivated towards completing the Teeth Brushing Reward Chart.
If you can, try to avoid incentivising your child or children with Sugary treats and perhaps replace the incentives with stickers that they like, or alternatively healthy snacks that will be better for their Oral Health in the long term as they grow up.
Oral Health Foundation Dental Statistics…
As we’ve recently highlighted in one of our latest News Articles – National Smile Month 2020 – Dental Statistics & Infographic – Too much Sugar is most certainly one of the biggest problems for Children’s Oral Health:
- In some cases, almost 3 times the recommended daily amount of Sugar is being consumed.
- An average of 3 School Days missed every year due to Dental Problems.
- 7926 Children under 5 have had Teeth Extracted. Tooth Decay is the most common reason a child is admitted to hospital.
Top Tips For Tooth Brushing With Your Kids…
- Brush teeth and gums thoroughly with a fluoride toothpaste last thing at night and at least on one other occasion during the day, ideally before breakfast.
- Children under 3 years old should have no more than a smear of toothpaste with no less than 1000ppm of fluoride content.
- Children over 3 years of age should use no more than a pea-sized amount of toothpaste with at least 1000ppm of fluoride content.
- Put toothpaste onto a dry toothbrush and brush teeth for at least 2 minutes.
- Brush both, top and bottom teeth, outside and inside, back and front including biting surfaces.
- Your child should spit out excess toothpaste and do not rinse after brushing teeth.
- Children need help with brushing teeth until they’re at least 7 years old.
Other Top Tips To Care For Your Kids Teeth…
- Sugary foods and drinks can damage teeth, keep these to a minimum and try to have at mealtimes only.
- Between meals, drink water or milk and try not to snack, especially on Sugary treats.
- Dental Check Up’s are important and everyone should have regular Dental Visits.
If you’re looking for more National Smile Month 2020 Top Tips, please visit here – National Smile Month 2020 – 5 Top Tips For Looking After Your Oral Health. Looking, after your Oral Health now, can help prevent more severe Dental Problems in the future.
Here at Aspects Dental we pride ourselves on looking after the whole family and that’s why we have developed Monthly Dental Plans for both Adults & Children. If you’re interested in joining Aspects Dental, once the Coronavirus Lockdown has been lifted, please Contact Us or Book Online!
We very much hope the above National Smile Month 2020 – FREE Tooth Brushing Chart For Kids And Children, will be useful in the meantime, especially whilst the schools are closed due to the Coronavirus. Good luck with your Tooth Brushing Chart and we’ll see you all very soon!